When you encounter problems with your commercial or residential roof, it can be hard to determine if you just need a few simple roofing repairs or if you need an entire roof replacement. You definitely don’t want to dish out the money for a roof replacement if the problems can be fixed with a few repairs. But at the same time, you don’t want to compromise the integrity of your structure by waiting too long to replace your roof. To determine if you need a replacement or just repairs, follow the tips below:
Do I Need Roof Repair?
The following signs indicate that it’s time to repair your roof:
- You notice that a few shingles are curled or missing
- A single portion of your ceiling has small, water spots
- You notice a leak for the first time in your roof
- There is a leak when it rains, but it is limited to one easily identifiable location
- There is damage to the exterior of your home (siding, windows, etc)
Do I Need Roof Replacement?
A roof replacement may be necessary for the following reasons:
- You see substantial amount of shingles on your roof are loose
- The remaining shingles are damaged and/or have excessive curling
- You notice water spots on the ceiling throughout your home
- There is an increasing number of leaks in your roof
- You want to improve the appearance of your home or business
To really determine the appropriate plan of action, it’s best to have a professional roofer come out to your home or business to assess the quality of your roof. Some damages are difficult to spot from the ground and you may not know what to look for when inspecting your roof. However, make sure you choose a trustworthy company like All Phase Roofing to inspect your roof. We will give you an honest assessment and a free estimate for roofing repairs or roof replacement.